Saturday 5 December 2009

Thanks filled thanksgiving

Some ponderings upon thanksgiving and my experiences of it.

To start off with I didn't really fully understand thanksgiving, I understood the historic significance and the role that it plays within American society and culture. But then I celebrated thanksgiving and I mean celebrated, I relaised just how much I am to be thankful for, and for all the people who I am thankful to. It brought to mind some many different aspects of my volunteer life and my experiences of life these last few years, since starting at the Grange and then starting over here, my childhood and all the people who have had such strong influences in my life.


 

Spending time with my family for the first time in so many years in the way we did reinforced my desire to ensure the love that exists within my family stays strong and grows even stronger through simply often just being together, sharing the simplicities of life: food, warmth humour and love. It brought me back to the days of my childhood where I felt safe and uncomplicated.


 

So Thank you to all whom I must say thank you, for your love support friendship warmth and for simply being who you all are in my life and your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment