Monday 5 July 2010

Doughnuts Dance-offs and Dilemmas!

I write this whilst sat in Arlington Virginia on a chilly Wednesday in May watching the world go around me listening to Expectations by Belle and Sebastian. Life is good, at least for this small moment in time, it would be wrong to say that everything is great and as the song says on top of the world- but are we ever?

I'm in Arlington for a 2 day interview/ come and see session with L'arche, I have an interview this afternoon followed by the afternoon/ evening in community with the core members, people with disability and the community assistants- the people who look after them. I hope to join L'Arche as a community assistant and so this is quite the day for me, tomorrow I have another 2 interviews with people in DC for this same post- stressful times!


 

As those of you who know me well, I get very stressed out in these situations so I have not been looking forward to today since I arranged it. I am however, happy to have this opportunity and have a good feeling that if I am accepted and I can work things out that with regard to visa etc then if I like it and get a good vibe I will consider it greatly.

'Every day I look at the world from my window' as the kinks sing on , and I too look at the world so very often from above through the lens of self abstraction, and this is to end I hope and suggest through new ventures what I ever I do, wherever I end up. I need to become involved in a day to day sense in the world around me. Life in collier has shown and highlighted my frustration with myself at not being a fully active individual, that is not say that I don't enjoy the seclusion and often isolation, but rather it is now for me to find the quiet place in my everyday life as opposed to having to find a non quite place to interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment