Monday 12 April 2010

Sunny family times

This comes to you as I sit on my fire escape (balcony) in the warmth of the late afternoon of an April Monday. There is a very real sense that spring has sprung and hot on its tails is summer. It's wonderful to be in the sun, the light and the warmth are so invigorating and the life around me in the trees, on the ground and in the sky reminds me of just how lucky I am to be where I am to be surrounded by the beauty of nature not only in the fauna and flora, but also in the people.

I have just spent Easter with my family including my mother, it was great to be with them and spend time just being and thinking of all that has taken place since we were last together. It was also a very tough time, a time in which many things came to the surface for me, great realizations, came to mind of my needs, and hopes and the difficulties that have arisen and rise every day in trying to attain them. But as I look around me I am reminded that as a natural being, a creation that lives as best as I can within nature, that in the same way the trees and the earth comes to life my needs come to life, my hopes are reignited. This is something I need to remind myself of daily, and I try to do so although this can be ever so trying.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment